Friday, July 17, 2015

Makeup Organisation Inspiration



My makeup storage had really been bugging me for a while and I really wanted to give the space a face lift without going too crazy. My makeup and brushes have been stored in the acrylic muji containers for absolutely ages now and I actually really like the look they give so I knew I wanted to keep them. I instead focused on the wall space above where I stored my makeup in my closet. I realised there was a lot of empty space that was just begging to be utilised so that's exactly what I did. 



I bought some adhesive hooks from the dollar store and put up 4 above my muji drawers. I hung up my pretty bags and put my jewellery from the respective stores inside them. Those are the pieces I reach for the most often so I'm glad their in a much more accessible place, it's also great to finally be able to display those pretty bags. I also hung some of my most worn necklaces on the other hooks to add some variation. To pull the whole look together I just tied some bows around the hooks with some silver ribbon to give it a cuter look.


I also wanted to have a vision board but didn't really have enough space so instead I made this. It was super easy and inexpensive to make and I'll probably upload a tutorial on it soon because I love how it turned out. It's a great place to pin up fashion and beauty inspiration because I'll be able to see it every day and it just adds a personal touch to the whole thing.




I love how the space turned out and I think decorating the spaces you look at every day works as a great inspiration. 
Let me know what you think below! 


01 09 10