Saturday, October 10, 2015

Zimbabwe/Botswanna Part II











The trip to Southern Africa was, as promised, the trip of a lifetime. And no, not in the cheesy "I found myself" kind of way (although I guess I did learn more about myself) more so, it was the memories and experiences I had.  Sitting in a Makoro, gliding across the Okavango delta in Botswanna at sunset is a feeling that's hard to explain. They say the grass is greener on the other side and if that's true then the delta must have been the other side. Standing amongst the lush wilderness of the delta, with the trees and vast expanses brimming with exotic wildlife which peaked at us through the trees, it was hard to recall the petty problems which followed me on a day-to-day basis. Riding a horse through a wildlife safari with a giraffe nibbling on the green trees in the background is another experience which would be hard to replicate in a concrete jungle where the closest you come is a ride on a carousel in a mall for 2 $1 coins. The range of emotions weren't limited to awe and serenity, it's irrefutable that there is no adrenaline like the adrenaline you feel when you're preparing yourself to jump of the Victoria Falls Bridge. It was two weeks full of new experiences which I will probably never get to live again but perhaps that's what allows us to treasure a memory: knowing that it was once in a lifetime 

01 09 10