Thursday, February 2, 2017

Everyday Makeup Products


Spend a day out in the Singapore sun and you'll quickly realise that a full face of makeup is practically a non-option but unfortunately not all of us are blessed with perfect skin and so we reach a middle ground. These are my tried and tested middle ground products that I've been using religiously for the past few months. 

The products are limited so you don't feel like theres a painting being melted off your face in the sweltering humidity (you're welcome for the visual) but they span out wide enough to make you feel presentable. 

I skip the foundation and use the Maybelline concealer to coverup under the eyes and around any discolouration. It's light and dewy so it doesn't make you look cakey especially when paired with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder

For the eyes I keep it simple with a thin line of eyeliner to give the eye some definition and finish off with mascara. I picked up the Covergirl Mascara during my trip to the US last year and have been in love since. 

To add colour I use one of my holy grail makeup products. The MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Global Glow acts as my blush, bronzer and highlight all in one if that's even possible. Light makeup is all about double-duty products or in this case triple duty. I'm not going to say too much about it as I'm planning to write a full review to profess my love soon but it's a gem. 

For lips I alternate between two products depending on the day. Usually I'll reach for my Revlon balm stain, as the name suggests it has a blam-like consistency which is great for me as I seem to have perpetually dry lips and it gives a great boost of colour. If I'm going for a slightly fuller makeup look I'll go for the Revlon Matte Liquid Lipstick as it has amazing colour payoff and is surprisingly moisturising.

Last but by no means least, in fact arguably the most important product of the lot is the Urban Decay Setting Spray. The days I forget to spray my makeup are very uneasy days. This stuff is seriously magic in a bottle. A quick refreshing spray not only locks your makeup in place for the entire day but also makes your makeup look more seamless (maybe that's psychological, though).

And that's that. The full makeup routine done and dusted with 7 products.

Rabeyah x  

Post a Comment

01 09 10